Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 - Hammocks, Blackhawks, Purging, and Sales!

June was a "blink" month.  With a month filled with travel, Blackhawks, a flurry of storms, and strange & shocking news stories - it was here and gone before I knew it.  Regardless, this summer has become exponentially better with the addition on this hammock in our backyard. 
 It's Marleigh's new favorite swing, and I love rocking in the breeze while watching the planes cruise into O'Hare.  Along with the newly-strung lights and fire pit, I'm looking forward to taking full advantage.   


I feel blessed to be out every day meeting an eclectic group of people and businesses.  This monthly digest reflects my journey through sharing new sales & business ideas, Chicagoland happenings, new music for your soundtrack, and other things that caught my eye along the way.  I always appreciate your replies, thoughts, and ideas  - as well as taking time out to enjoy it.  


Featured Business Partner
 

Culture Measures - As a business owner, have you ever thought about the real impact of your organizational culture?   How do you create a high-performance culture?  How does your culture relate to your overall business objectives?   Culture Measures has cracked the code on how a company’s culture can drive meaningful business results.  Today there is a way to measure your culture and align it to tangible business outcomes.  To learn more about Culture and how you can embrace this journey, check out their site and the upcoming workshops. 


Sales Beat

Earlier this month I attended the SAVO Summit.  I caught Jamie Shanks, the founder of Sales4Life, who discussed the finer points of social selling.  I've been getting his newsletter for months and am a big fan.  I couldn't stay for the entire 3-day event, but here is a good synopsis that reviews Jamie's session plus two other best-of-the-best sessions.

"Sell the hole, not the drill" Mark Heinz.  This cool idea (along with 69 others) is in this article.  It's a formidable list of ideas, thoughts, and mindsets shared by 70 of the greatest sales minds out there teaching today.  Since I must have missed their call...here is a 71st idea for you: Never leave a prospect meeting without a Yes, a No, or a confirmed follow-up time on the calendar (that doesn't mean calling in "a couple weeks").  This will save you a lot of heartache. 


What I'm Up To

Sales Empowerment Group - we are hiring!  I am looking to connect with people interested in the world of sales consulting.  They must have a minimum of a couple years of sales leadership under their belt, be comfortable with project management and training, and an overall love of everything sales.  If you know someone that may fit the bill, please pass along this newsletter and an intro.  Thanks! 

Four years ago today I closed the biggest sale in my life.  Happy (4th) Anniversary to my wifey - love you Linds! 


Off Beat

 
Over the last 18 months I've met with 100+ companies in the start-up phase.  With that exposure, I found this TED Talk fascinating - The single biggest reason why start-ups succeed.  In this six minute talk, Bill Gross breaks down five key factors, and his findings surprised him.

This next article has caused a state of unrest in my family.  Out of these 21 stats, this is the one that's inspiring some change - the average American household has 300,000 items.  Crazy...  My mom, sisters, and wife have been on a mission to purge and simplify ever since reading it.  

Chicagoland

One of the main reasons I moved to this city and why it continues to hold my affection, is for the amazing variety and frequency of the live music.  While it can be an expensive vice, there is another reason to love this town - they give it away for FREE!  If you haven't checked out Millenium Park's concerts or events, do yourself a favor and get to an event this summer.

Music 

David Wax Museum - speaking of fabulous, FREE shows at Millennium Park, this group will be performing there on Thursday, July 23rd.  Lindsay and I caught them a few years ago at Newport Folk Fest and became immediate fans - beautiful harmonies, unique instrumentation, and infectious energy.  Take a listen and let me know if I'll see you there!

Drumming Clip - here is a killer drum solo from the 2012 Guitar Center Drum-Off.  Impressive speed, chops, and creativity.  

Quotes

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example. - 
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. - Chinese Proverb 

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style. - Quentin Crisp 

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember. -  Oscar Levant (1906-1972)
 
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar (1899-1995) 

I hope you enjoyed the newsletter and found something of value for yourself or someone you know.  Thank you again for your remarks, recommendations, and referrals that many of you have shared.  
 

Tony Lenhart | tony@salesempowermentgroup.com | 773.991.4236

Action Generates Inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment