Monday, July 22, 2013

July Update


Good morning, happy Monday! 

Hello again to my friends, colleagues, clients, and business partners.  I am very fortunate to be out every day networking with an eclectic group of people.  I’m always interested to hear about what others are reading about, listening to, watching, or just flat-out DOING. 

With that in mind, this monthly digest (and TWITTER account) shares the latest Chicagoland findings, music I’ve enjoyed, new ideas I’ve been exposed to, the latest in the world of Precision Payroll & Sales Empowerment Group, as well as other things that may be of interest to you or someone you know.  Thank you for your recommendations and thoughts, as well as taking time out to enjoy it.

My theme the last 30 days – CHANGE!  Some might say that’s the only thing that’s constant in anyone’s life.  But for me, some SIGNIFICANT ones lately…

  1. I moved – from the lovely west side of Lincoln Square to its east side.  I still get to ride the brown line downtown, but now I have beautiful Winnemac Park close by and an extremely family-friendly block. Speaking of…
  2. I’m nesting – the baby is not here yet, but holy cow are we preparing.  I had no idea kids require so many accessories! 
  3. I’m growing – in my career.  As you may have noticed by the email change, I am shifting my focus from payroll to sales.  While I will continue my working relationship with Precision, Sales Empowerment Group is where my passion lies.  So excited to be part of this great team!  My new information (vcard) is attached.

Featured Charity

SPECIAL OLYMPICS ILLINOIS – For the second year, a team at Precision is participating in the Ducky Derby on August 8th, where last year they dumped 44,000 rubber duckys in the Chicago River and raised over $300K for the Special Olympics Illinois.  Our Team Captain Wes Green is heading up the fundraising effort and you can CLICK HERE to adopt a duck and support the great cause – thanks!

Sales & Business

  • In conjunction with my move to SEG, I’ve started a new blog, Sales Drummer – Creating Rhythm in an Off-beat World.  If you enjoy this newsletter, you’ll enjoy these posts related to the world of sales & music.  Here is my first – Whoa, Whoa Buddy…You’re in the Wrong Place.  This is a true story about my first day on the job as a professional salesman.  And the lesson(s) I never forgot. 

Sales Empowerment Group & Precision Payroll

  • Sales Empowerment Group – I am on the lookout for polished sales professionals.  Whether they have one year or 20 years of experience, I like meeting salespeople that enjoy the trade and may be looking for new opportunities down the road.  I appreciate any connections!

  • Precision Payroll – though my energy shifts to SEG, I cannot say enough about the wonderful team at this company.  They prove again and again every day why clients stay for years.  I will continue to be a resource for businesses Payroll/Human Capital Management needs, while directing my time/energy to key industry partnerships.   

Web

  • Ever wonder how a used glass bottle becomes a new one?  Here are some animated gif’s that show the process – cool stuff!  (Interesting too, the company said it could use 3x the amount of recycled bottles to meet demand)

  • One of the most effective marketing tools can be a well thought-out product demonstration.  This demo shows a new product coming to the market - I’m sold!  

Chicagoland 

  • Summer weekends always seem to fill up quick with everything life throws at us.  However, if you’re still looking for some ideas on how to round out your summer, here are some fun suggestions for close-by weekend get-aways. 

Music

  • Neko Case – a one-time Chicago native and employee at The Hideout, this woman has an amazing voice.  She has multiple albums under her belt and new one coming out.  Here is the first single, “Man”.  Enjoy!
 
Quotes

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said. – Peter Drucker (1909 - 2005)

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.Albert Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 - 1986)

Beware of no man more than yourself; we carry our worst enemies within us. – G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Only the mediocre are always at their best. – Jean Giraudoux (1882 - 1944)

Only fools are positive. – Moe Howard (1897 - 1975) and MY MOM!
 
I hope you enjoyed the newsletter and found something of value for yourself or someone you know.   Again, I appreciate your recommendations, thoughts, and referrals that so many of you have shared with me.     

 

1 comment: